Yes, both DoubleVerify and Integral Ad Science (IAS) provide brand safety solutions to track and prevent potential ad placements on inappropriate content or environments.
Here is a brief overview of both platforms:
DoubleVerify is a leading digital media measurement, data, and analytics company that offers brand safety and fraud prevention solutions for advertisers and publishers. Its brand safety solution is designed to protect advertisers’ reputation and ensure their ads are not shown in inappropriate environments.
- DoubleVerify’s technology is highly advanced and uses machine learning algorithms to detect and prevent ad fraud and brand safety issues
- It offers a comprehensive solution that covers various ad formats, platforms, and devices
- Its solution includes pre-bid targeting, post-bid blocking, and ongoing monitoring to ensure brand safety
- DoubleVerify can be relatively expensive compared to other brand safety solutions
- Some advertisers may find the platform’s user interface and reporting options somewhat complex
Real use example:
A global food and beverage company used DoubleVerify’s brand safety trackers to make sure I wasn’t placing their ads next to content related to hate speech, violence, or other inappropriate topics.
DoubleVerify’s solution gave the company “verification” (and through DV reporting, provided me with proof) that I wasn’t running their ads where I said I wouldn’t.
Additionally, it helped the company to mitigate potential reputational risks and achieve greater campaign effectiveness — this is hugely important for the bigger multinational brands.
Integral Ad Science (IAS)
IAS is a leading global ad verification platform that provides brand safety, ad fraud, and viewability solutions for advertisers and publishers. Its brand safety solution uses machine learning algorithms and human review to ensure brand safety and prevent ads from appearing in inappropriate contexts.
- IAS has a global footprint and covers various ad formats, platforms, and devices
- Its solution includes real-time blocking and ongoing monitoring to detect and prevent brand safety issues
- IAS provides a user-friendly platform with comprehensive reporting options
- IAS’s brand safety solution may not be as comprehensive as DoubleVerify’s solution
- Some advertisers may find the platform’s pricing model somewhat complex
Real use example:
A leading automotive advertiser used IAS’s brand safety solution to make sure I wasn’t placing their ads next to content related to adult themes, violence, and other inappropriate topics.
IAS’s solution allowed them to use blocking tags which not only reported if their ads displayed next to “brand unsafe” content, but also stopped them from displaying thus avoiding them showing up by mistake.
This helped the company to protect its brand reputation and achieve greater campaign effectiveness.
Bottom line, both DoubleVerify and IAS provide effective brand safety solutions for advertisers AND publishers.
The choice between the two depends on your specific needs and preferences as an advertiser / brand.
It’s worth noting however that both platforms offer free trials, which can help you assess which one is best for you before committing to a long-term contract.
Ivan is a professional advertiser and digital content marketer. Here are some famous brands he’s worked with.
When he’s not running ad campaigns, Ivan is helping people get more customers with free ai-powered interactive chatbots (i.e., virtual assistants for your website that turn prospects into paying customers).