Image by 024-657-834 from Pixabay
We’re seeing record search activity on Google these days… and new searcher behaviors, too.
Our latest insights sees trending searches from all over the world.
These are the topics that people need to get through their daily routines and feel inspired in tough times.
As a business owner, you can help guide your audience with relevant content about the topics they’re looking for.
It strengthens your relationship and sets you and your brand as the leader and authority in your field.
So what’s actually trending?!
Here’s a preview:
- People are baking up a storm and homemade bread is on the rise.
- Parents need tips to keep their kids entertained and busy while they’re working)
- Personal care is more personal than ever… and people need help.
It’s easier than you think to be there for your customers—past, present, AND future!
Simple posts on your social media channels (this is what we’re doing on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) are an easy way to do this and all of those platforms let you boost your posts to get on more feeds and reach more people.
Ideally, you can write blog posts (which you’ll share on your socials so this is a 2-for-1 deal) sharing valuable resources, tips, and info so when people search Google, your brand comes up every time!
These are really easy ways to support your community, help your customers and clients, build rapport with new prospects, and adapt / grow your business.
Until next time… ADAPT OR DIE.
You know what makes your school unforgettable, unmistakable, unmissable, and unignorable?
Being everywhere (and nowhere) at the same time.
Platforms like Facebook, and Google, and many others make it easy and [relatively] cheap to be everywhere your audience is.
If you aren’t taking advantage of this yet, why not?
For school administrators and marketers, audiences can be broken up into two chunks.
It’s easiest to think of them as qualified families that are actively looking for a school and qualified families passively looking for a school.
Facebook is great at getting you in front of the passive group inexpensively but in this post we’re going to talk about being where the active searchers are. Google.
You can do PPC (which is where your school bids on keywords then pays each time someone clicks your ad and goes to your website), which I recommend, and you can also get your school’s website to rank organically (FREE).
Here are 7 easy ways to do the latter:
- Create helpful content that prospective parents will want to read and share (if you need help writing blog posts, click here)
- Figure out what keywords prospective parents are using to find schools like yours and use them in your website copy and blog posts
- Figure out what keywords prospective parents are already using to find YOUR school and create more helpful content around those keywords (you can find these keywords in your Google Analytics dashboard)
- Optimize your school’s web page titles and meta descriptions (more information here)
- Get your webmaster / developer to update your web page URLS so instead of looking like yourschool.com/?id=123 it looks like yourschool.com/about-our-christian-high-school/
- Extend new blog post reach by sharing on Facebook and “boosting it” to people in your community that haven’t liked your Facebook page yet
- Register your school on Google Maps so it shows up on local searches (if you’re having lots of trouble ranking for local searches or you’ve got lots of competition, read this)